Wednesday, February 11, 2009

American Idol

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore (compared to my previous TV watching behaviors), but when I do watch - I'm a reality TV junkie. Survivor - Big Brother - Amazing Race - Bachelor (yes, I'm man enough to admit it) - Bachelorette (there's the trade off) - Biggest Loser - Celebrity Fit Club - Made - Celebrity Rehab - The Mole - Dancing with the Stars - and of course, American Idol. My early pick is Danny Gokey. Wow! What a voice!

I really wished that American Idol had been around when I was 18-22 years old. I so would have tried out for it. The shame is that now I'm an old geezer in their eyes, so their age limits would keep me from giving it a shot. But don't the producers know they're missing some other prime targets? What about doing an "American Idol - Kids" version? Or an "American Idol - The 80's" version where everyone on it was in high school in the 1980's? They could even do "American Idol - Near Death" and draw a crowd.

Season 8 should be pretty interesting. They really do have some strong talent. It's also the most ecclectic gathering I think they have put together yet. There are always a few that I scratch my head over, but for the most part - this is a good line up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand some of the families of others who have gone to these auditions who genuinely think they can sing and the families haven't stopped them before standing in that audition line. What lesson are they trying to teach? What do they say to them after they fail miserably and the entire nation knows of them as a joke?

So, here's your chance. I want your feedback to these two questions:
1) Who is your early pick to win the whole thing?
2) If you were trying out, what song would you sing?

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch American Idol. Sorry. I stopped watching the year Melinda Doolittle didn't win. She was ROBBED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey doug. long time listener first time caller.

    we're in the top 7 and adam lambert is going to win. i knew this 4 weeks ago. however, my buddy, kris allen (we went to church together in conway) is making a strong showing.

    if i were trying out i would sing..... georgia on my mind by good ole' ray.

    ReplyDelete